The Forsyth County Arts Alliance Fund (FCAA) was created with the proceeds from the sale of the Sawnee Arts Center and through an annual grant cycle ensures that the arts survive and thrive in Cumming-Forsyth County.
Eligibility for Funding
Only 501(c)3 organizations and governmental entities may be the direct recipient of grant funds. The arts programming, project or event must occur between the July 1 through June 30 fiscal year and must benefit the citizens of Cumming-Forsyth County.
FCAA Does Not Fund
- Debt reduction
- Individuals (i.e. scholarships, artistic endeavors by an individual)
- Presentations that a reasonable person could consider objectionably offensive
- Lobbying or electioneering activities
Review Process and Notification
A local board of directors, representing business and community leaders, is responsible for reviewing and recommending any distributions of funds. Applicants will be notified of the board’s decision in July. The grant proposal review criteria are as follows:
- Artistic and administrative capability of the applicant to complete the project. (20%)
- Artistic merit, significance, impact or educational benefit of the proposal to the community. (30%)
- Appropriateness of budget to proposed programming, project or event. (20%)
- Level of community involvement, including financial and in-kind contributions and volunteer involvement. (20%)
- Promotional opportunity afforded to the FCAA fund as a result of its support. (10%)
A single grant will not be awarded for more than 50% of the total budget for any given program, project or event nor shall a single grant generally exceed $10,000.
How to Apply
Visit www.forsythartsalliance.com/grant-information for all 2016 guidelines and forms. All forms may be completed electronically but must be printed ans signed.
2016 Important Dates
Letter of Intent Deadline - April 4, 2016
Application Deadline - May 13, 2016
Awards Luncheon - Aug. 12, 2016
Grant End Reporting Form Deadline - 30 days after project completion
Letters of intent are due by April 4, 2016 and complete proposals, including all attachments, are due by noon May 13, 2016.
Letters of Intent and Applications may be mailed or hand delivered to:
Cumming-Forsyth County Chamber of Commerce
212 Kelly Mill Road
Cumming, GA 30040